We are expanding!
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual. Additional positions will be posted in the near future.
Disclaimer: This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Employer.
Position Title: “Cage Free” Dog Boarding Live-in Manager
Classification: Nonexempt, Regular, “At Will” Work Status
Reports To: Owner
Since 2006 Camp Jimmydog LLC has provided the Tucson area with “cage free, home style” boarding at our beautiful and comfortable large dog Camp south of Tucson. We are a B&B style boarding facility free of the kennels, runs and overcrowding that promote stress, unwanted behaviors and overstimulation. Our client’s dogs are welcomed into our home and loved and cared for as our own. We ensure that that everyone, from puppies to seniors, receive the care, activity level and individual attention that they require and deserve. We provide space to quietly relax as well as room to run, play and explore. We want them to feel it’s their home. If they sleep in their owner’s bedroom at home, they will sleep in ours.
We are opening a second location in Vail, Arizona in June 2022 and will hire a professional Live-in Manager to take care of the dogs, manage the business effectively and supervise other team members.
The Live-in Manager is a positive, efficient, detail-oriented multi-tasker who will ensure that our second location operates in a smooth, safe and professional manner. This role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently. We are looking for a motivated individual that not only loves dogs but possesses the natural ability to work with a pack of dogs and communicate well with their humans. The manager must juggle and prioritize multiple activities, and manage unforeseen events as they happen.
Therefore, must be extremely organized and detail oriented. The right candidate will be able to work as part of a team, communicate effectively, and play an integral part in the future growth of our company. The live-in manger will be required to live on-site in a single-family residence / camp in a rural setting with easy access to shopping and 1-10.
This is not a 9-5 job, we work 7 days a week with live animals. Candidates must be willing and able to work weekdays, weekends and holidays.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Manage the daily Camp process – clean house and property, feed and water dogs, give medications as needed, handle drop-offs and pick-ups of dogs, handle meet and greets with new customers
- Manage dog activity and exercise. Keep dogs safe and happy.
- Give baths and/or nail trims as required
- Oversee 2-3 part-time team members – train, supervise, schedule and evaluate performance
- Process boarding requests as they arrive through calls, text, email, web, or direct customer input
- Schedule “meet and greets” with new customers
- Schedule boarding reservations with customers
- Keep customers updated with pictures and text during the dog’s stay
- Keep customers updated with company policies and procedures
- Manage CRM software and generate reports for owner
- Collect payment as needed from customers
- Able to take pictures and videos to post client dog updates on our business social media sites.
- Contribute to growth and success of the business
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Sitting 30%
- Standing/walking 70%
- Heavily physical job. Minimum lifting requirement 60 pounds.
- Must be able to walk/control dogs up to 140 pounds
- Indoor and outdoor setting year-round
- Frequent client and coworker interaction as this position meets and greets visitors; heavily dependent on excellent customer interaction
- Hearing – Must be able to hear telephonic equipment and comfortably communicate with clients and others by telephone and in person
- Near Vision – The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer) as required for business software, and operating office machines
Experience and Education:
- Required: Minimum of 5 years dog training/dog behavior/handling experience at professional level or at a personal level if extensive. Please include some information on this experience in your reply
- Computer literate. Comfortable and able to learn and use various software, apps and photo programs as well as Gmail
- High School Diploma
Success Factors: Personal characteristics necessary for this position include: positive attitude, leadership, self- motivation, dependability, great communication skills, detailed oriented, and desire to adhere to our company core values and philosophy:
- Passion about working with dogs and confidence working with dogs of all sizes and temperaments.
- Previous experience in a training/behavioral rehabilitation capacity or proven experience in actively training/competing with your personal dog/s.
- Ability to act and make good decisions under pressure or in an emergency situation.
- Must demonstrate active listening with excellent communication skills
- Ability to read situations, people and dogs
- Take direction but also work independently and bring new ideas
- Integrity, respect
- Must be extremely organized and detail oriented in order to prepare and process business correspondence.
- Good writing, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good reading comprehension, understanding written sentences and paragraphs
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, records management and general administration.
- Must be flexible and understand that job duties may change from time to time and may be asked to “help out” in other areas of the business.
- Must be reliable and take Initiative
PLEASE NOTE: Due to space constraints, candidates with up to one well trained, well socialized dog of their own will be considered.
For safety (and space) reasons cats, other types of pets and children are not a good fit. Our canine clients are often unfamiliar and therefore unpredictable with children. Cats and other pets as well.
Compensation: Salary 30k-40k depending on experience, housing
Click here to apply